StageWorthy adds auditions for Sorry! Wrong Chimney!
StageWorthy Productions, an Encore Award-winning community theatre, announces additional auditions for its next production, Sorry! Wrong Chimney! by Jack Sharkey and Leo W. Sears. Director John Kastner seeks four men (stage ages 20's to 40-50) and three women (stage ages 20's-40) for our "Christmas in July" Yuletide farce. Auditions are set for May 29th at 7pm at the Broadway United Methodist Church. Those wishing to audition, but who cannot make the Tuesday audition may contact the director to arrange an outside audition prior to that night. Performances are set for July 27, 28, 29, August 3, 4 and 5. Perusal copies of this very funny and fast-paced script are available at the Glendale library information desk and the Central library fifth floor Arts desk.
A brief synopsis and character breakdowns follow:
David Tuttle is moonlighting as a department store Santa so that he can buy his wife a fur for Christmas. He tells her he's working late at the office, but she finds out he isn't at the office. A suspected other woman, hypnotism, the notorious Santa burglar Kris Kreigle and his gun toting fiancee, and a confused policeman add up to a rollicking tale that is hilarious Christmas or anytime entertainment.
- David Tuttle (a struggling young executive, age 25-30)
- Samantha Tuttle (his attractive bride of six months, age early to mid-20's)
- Natalie Weldon (their neighbor across the hall, age 30-40)
- William Weldon (Natalie's psychiatrist husband, age 35-50)
- Kris Kreigle (a man with a holiday delusion, age 20's- 40)
- Sheila (Kris's doggedly devoted fiancee, age 20's- 30's)
- Policeman (a determined disciple of Law and Order, age mid-20's - 40)
Please direct any questions to director John Kastner at 750-6454 or email through the SWP website at www.stageworthy.org
just a bump for the long weekend!
Hope you can join us on Tuesday! All are welcome, and male performers (stage ages 20-40's) especially encouraged to audition.
Hope you guys can make it tonight at 7pm