Recently, OTP conducted auditions for Taking Leave. During the audition process, there were several discussions regarding auditions and how they are conducted at various theaters.
I thought I'd get some feedback on here for future auditions.
1) How do you feel about open auditions? (the cattle call) Do you like auditioning/reading in front of other actors?
2) How do you feel about monologues? Do you think they are helpful as a director? Do you feel they can help you as an auditioner?
3) How do you feel about casting announcements? In your opinion, how should casting announcements be conducted - phone calls? announced at callbacks? posting a cast list?
4) Which days of the week are best for auditions?
5) Would you prefer 1 day auditions with a scheduled day for callbacks?
Feel free to add your own questions or thoughts...